She spent her childhood in Dubrovnik, Croatia and Gacko, Bosnia, until she was 5. In 1993 she and her family were forced to leave her home and move to Sweden, due to the Bosnian War ’92-’93. Going through the musical midschool, she learned to play the drums, piano, guitar and some other musical instruments. Later on, she studied Systems Science at the University. She started singing at a very young age, this was when she also became familiar with diverse music recording programmes and started to learn about the recording and mastering processes.
Dzeny is one among a handful of R&B/Pop singers in Bosnia, headed for a new musical direction within her genre, in which an inspiration of the Bosnian sound and style is included. Dzeny is also known to be a philanthropy, where she also was nominated as the Philanthropist of the Year in 2014, by the Bosnian foundation Mozaik.ba, along with 16 other companies and 20 other people. By now, Dzeny has already had the opportunity to work with several big names, in both Bosnia and in Sweden, such as Fahrudin Pecikoza and Mahir Sarihodzic, with whom she recorded her single and video Kad Zvona Zazvone. This single managed to reach several Bosnian music channels, radio stations, news papers  as well as making it to #6 on the one of Bosnias top lists (where she stayed for several weeks), which also was published in the biggest news paper in Bosnia – Dnevni avaz, avaz express magazine, one of the most sold Bosnian newspapers. Her songs were also seen as #1 on other sites such as ubetoo.com, who also published an interview about Dzeny, as their first success story, calling it Passion! And lots of time, nerves and effort 
During several years, she went through a heavy path collaborating with diverse indie labels, from whom she learned the important lesson that not everyone can be trusted in the huge and, what can be very, rough world of the music industry. She spoke openly about this in an interview for Avaz Express Magazine. Going through many disappointments and break points, her former manager wrecking the opportunities for Dzenys career etc., and this leading to the end of those collaborations. Dzeny is today managing her music path on her own, collaborating with above mentioned names and several other producers, as well as having her first album “Zena Zvijer” (The Beast) released in December 2014 with NTV Hayat doo, just until she finds the real and legitimate record label to guide and take her to the top.
- , 2014 Philanthropy nominees
- ^ , Dzeny – Kad Zvona Zazvone (official video 2012)
- ^  Archived 2013-11-13 at the Wayback Machine, Dzeny in Avaz Express Magazine
- ^  Archived 2013-11-13 at the Wayback Machine, Dzeny on Avaz Express toplist
- ^ , Avaz Express Magazine online
- ^  Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine, Dzeny – always in the top 10 on ubetoo
- ^  Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine, Dzeny – first success story on ubetoo.com
- ^  Archived 2013-02-08 at the Wayback Machine, Dzeny – “I’ve seen the dark side of the music industry” – Exclusive Avaz Express interview (in Bosnian)
- ^  Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine, Dzeny first album “Zena Zvijer (The Beast) release
- ^ “Billboard chart positions > albums”. Allmusic. Retrieved 16 October